Helping keep families together, even when they’re apart
With the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19), patients in hospital are no longer able to have family or friends visit due to the restrictions in place. This means healthcare professionals need another way to unite patients with their loved ones. With Visionable Connect, patients and healthcare professionals can see and speak directly to family and friends on an easy-to-use, secure, and trusted video collaboration platform straight from a hospital bed or room.
At Visionable, we understand the importance of patient-family relationships. Visionable Connect helps us all join together at a time where love and support is vital.
With Visionable Connect:
- It gives patients the opportunity to be with their loved ones whilst unwell or at the end of their life
- A healthcare professional or the patient themselves enter their family member’s phone number or email and the family members/friends receive a video call link instantly
- The patient or healthcare professional can join the video session via the app
- The family member doesn’t need to download a separate app or register for an account
- No patient or clinician details are stored or shared
- No family member details are stored on the app
Staying connected is crucial in delivering the best healthcare available, now more than ever. Visionable Connect, created to be a multi-use and flexible platform, has also been designed to support clinicians working in GP practices. Replacing face-to-face GP appointments is a key part of NHS plans to limit the spread of Covid-19 and protect us all. The Visionable Connect app offers healthcare professionals a way to contact patients directly and easily. After registration with an NHS.net or NHS.uk email, clinicians enter their patient’s phone number or email and the patient receives an SMS.
How it works
- Open Visionable Connect
Simply open the app and hit Continue to get started. No sign-in necessary.
- Choose who to call
The patient can call a mobile phone or email address.
- Send the invite
We’ll invite the patient’s friends or relatives and let them know when the patient is ready to talk.
- Join the call
Once we’ve connected everyone to the call, the patient can join.
- End the call
Either side can end the call using the red button
WiFi SPARK Works with Visionable to Connect Patients with their Loved ones.
Find out more here.